Pages

My goal is pretty much simple nonetheless challenging; I'm going to try and find as many English words as possible that are Greek. Challenge accepted. And trust me, there's a lot of them.


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

P - Psychology, Psychopathy, Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis.

Every word with two compounds, the first being Psycho-, is Greek and means something that has to do with the soul. Some examples:



Psychology. From Ancient Greek ψυχή, psukhē, soul + -logia, study of something.



Psychopathy. From Ancient Greek ψυχήpsukhē, soulπάθος, pathos, suffering.



Psychotherapy. From Ancient Greek ψυχή, psukhē, soul + θεραπεία, therapia, service, medical treatment, from θεραπεύω, therapeuō, I serve, treat medically.



Psychoanalysis. From Ancient Greek ψυχή, psukhē, soul + ἀνάλυσις, analisis, from ἀναλύω, analiō, I unravel, investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts?